Critique Clubs- ONLINE
biweekly 2 hour meetings
This biweekly critique group will meet throughout the winter. Participants will receive feedback on their work multiple times during the session. By developing a sense of trust and rapport within the group, everyone will gain an understanding of each other's process and way of thinking. This will allow the feedback offered to be most specific and relevant. The schedule will encourage individuals to make new work in order to take advantage of the communal insight of the group.
2D group - Jan 17 - Apr 25, Tuesdays 10:30 - 12:30 - 8 meetings - $290 +hst
Mixed Media group - Jan 30, Feb 20 - May 8, Mondays 6-8pm - 7 meetings - $260. +hst
image credit: Łukasz Widziszowski
What Next? - hybrid - ONLINE and IN PERSON
This career-planning workshop is geared towards artists and creatives. Participants will be guided to envision the conditions for their own success. Using a questionnaire and discussion model to identify goals and solutions, this workshop will cover everything from workspace, tools, materials, time management and critical feedback to notions of success and how to feel part of the art community.
- Saturday, January 28, 10am
- 3.5 hours
- Zoom & 180 Shaw St.
- $70. +hst
State It Write - ONLINE - prerecorded
statement writing workshop
This workshop outlines a process of reflection and articulation that will guide the reluctant artist to write about their work. The goal is to enable you to express; in your own voice, the uniqueness of your practice, while also helping you move forward creatively.
- Part 1 begins by focusing on statement guidelines, structure and tips. I will show you many examples and analyze how each artist discusses their practice.
- Part 2 introduces two approaches to the process of writing with the task broken down into manageable components.
- watch at your convenience
- available for 2 weeks
- 2 hours to watch
- contact me by email: email@example.com
Mentoring services are scheduled at a time convenient to you. See services for all the the ways I can help you.
Workshops are offered monthly. See all of them here: workshops. You may request a workshop if you can find 2 others to sign up.
School Workshops can be arranged to fit your timetable and curriculum. See workshops for a list of existing workshops. I am happy to modify these to suit your needs.
- 13% discount for undergraduate students and recent graduates (to 3 years after graduation)
- 13% discount for newcomers to Canada (to 3 years after arrival)
- 13% discount for Artscape Community Card holders - individual critiques & workshops
- 13% discount for Tangled Art and Disability members
- 10% discount for bundle of individual critiques / studio visits
- 10% discount for an upcoming service when you refer someone to me
Stay up to date by subscribing to my newsletter: